The Children's Center, a non-profit agency, is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of young children, one family at a time. Our mission is to nurture and educate children and their families. We provide opportunities for education, parenting support and resources to families in our communities.
The Children's Center Head Start/Early Head Start is a federally funded program that provides no cost services to qualifying families who reside in the community. Comprehensive services are provided to pregnant women and their partners and children from birth to 5. Child development, health and family services are provided through a variety of program options designed to meet the needs of low-income and at risk families.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Schedules interviews; checks references; processes background checks; coordinates drug screenings and physicals.
· Prepares a variety of regular and special reports.
· Maintains personnel files and records.
· Scanning documents into Filehold.
· Codes human resources-related accounts payable items for payment.
· Assists with the performance review process in relation to tracking and logging information.
· Participates in job fairs.
· Assists with assigned research and special projects.
· Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; schedules appointments; refers to appropriate personnel.
· Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
· Knowledge of computers and job-related softwareprograms.
· Skill in problem solving.
· Skill in prioritizing and planning.
· Skill in interpersonal relations.
· Skill in oral and written communication.